I’m very excited to welcome Amy Barber as our Honorary Chick today. Amy is a super-reader and super-fan I first met a little over a year ago. She as sweet as they come and always willing to read new authors and to promote authors she loves. I can’t say enough good about her. Read on for a little bit of information about Ms. Amy.
1) Please tell us a little about yourself.
I’m a Kentucky native. Born here, raised here, never left. I’m a single mother. I’m an avid reader & music lover, with a pretty eclectic taste when it comes to both.
What are the top three things you look for when you’re deciding which book you should read next?
- Covers sometimes draw me in, but the synopsis seals the deal.
- I’m pulled in by a unique storyline or unique character/situation.
- The author sometimes plays an impact. If I have a book by an author I haven’t read as opposed to an old favorite, I’ll read the one I know first.
Can you give us an estimate of how many books you read each year? Uuummm… This fluctuates.
Now for some fun! Rapid Fire Questions:
Favorite Things: the sound of children’s laughter (especially my own children), the vibrant colors of fall, the beauty in trees, the peace in staring at a star filled sky on a warm night
Pet Peeves: judgemental people, spoilers in reviews, math – I’m so not a math person
Addictions: mountain dew
Kick Ass Superpower: Fighting off monsters that lurk under beds & Healing boo-boos with a single kiss. 🙂
Your best book boyfriend:
- For the night: Rick Newman from Blind Trust by Peiri Ann
- For a dirty weekend: Grant Andrews Healing Hearts Series by Renee Dyer.
- To have and to hold: Sam Kerrigan from the Five Senses Series by Gemma Brocato
So you know – I did not bribe her to say that last bit. Thanks, Amy, for your support, your sense of humor and your super-support.